Iron Giant Fan art- storytime; big guy!

.

Primary sketch..very rough..but i can see the figure in there..can't u? look closer ..he he :) i'm lazy on this part.


Now, there's a pen tool and 3 long hours . Sorry about the crappy watermark. since it's a WIP, i thought I'll put the highres once i'm done.




Well, the background looked so blank. my first idea was to put a sky and some snow falling. but that'd be my laziness showing off :D so took a few hours on that.

ok. another update. my flat colors. trying to maintain a not-so-dark-comic feel for the whole thing, way different from my regular style. comments welcome, and plz do before i go to next level of colors.


Then ,somehow i didn't liek the comic art look and feel. thought of doing it more realistic ...

cleared the background and started airbrushing the iron giant in photoshop :)


more and more details and lights on the piece...


Alive comes the Giant ..and the kid :D


" ...and superman saved the day again? ..Woaw!

he he enjoy. wish me luck on the IG Project.

4 comments:

  1. You are a genius!!! I love this amazing Illustration! OMG!!!! First your wonderful Avatar he he he! Green. What a hoot! Now all of this. You are amazing and I give to 3 snaps and a twist for showing the whole process! Talk about working this??? You worked it! Fantastic! Thanks so much for your wonderful and kind words. I had a whole lot of work today, I your comments gave me enough gas to get through the day. thanks so much! I will be coming back for more of this wholesome goodness that's for sure! he he he!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can there be anyone as great as you?I really love the artwork you have.I am working my way into the animation buisness. I was wondering if you can check out my blog when you have a chance and comment on my work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooooooow amazing again although i am new in the illustration and drawing but how did you get the lighting and shadow knowledge for character ?

    ReplyDelete